Sunday, July 31, 2011
07-31-2011 Sunday
Well, it was a good week and has been a good month overall. I had my 9th chemo treatment Thursday which now take only two short hours rather than six or seven. Before treatment, Dr. Masri, Catherine and I went over the radiologists report on my last Monday's CT Scan and looked over the actual scans as well. The report said that the masses are basically unchanged in size or shape, which is a good thing... we just don't want them growing again! Looking at the actual images seemed to indicate (this is just visual mind you) that the scar tissue that was in my lung from when it partially collapsed (at the beginning of this whole adventure) seems to be healing well to the point of disappearing and that the mass on my chest seems to be flattening out and maybe even getting smaller. Again, those are visual observations and not on an official medical report... but its encouraging to me! A little more good news. My feet are starting to feel much less numb and painful. I don't know if its is the ALCAR/ALA suppliment that I've been taking, the steroids that I have to take before treatment, or some combination of those and the passing of time... it doesn't really matter, all I know is that they're feeling better right now! Grant brought Eli to the Cancer Treatment Center during my treatment and we got to watch him that afternoon. He is so cute!... and growing so fast, and he's starting to smile and giggle and coo and blow bubbles and... He's just awesome! The rest of the family is doing well too. We all feel so blessed to have the support of friends and family and church family and most importantly, the love and grace of God in our lives. There are still brief instances when it flashes through my mind, "why me?" But then I look around and see all of the blessings in all of our lives and especially in my own life and I think, "God uses all things for good and this is my opportunity to demonstrate how God's strength and love can bring anyone through even the worst of situations!" God is not just good, God is truly awesome!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment