Wednesday, April 27, 2011
04-27-2011 Wednesday
Well, I had a CT Scan done early Monday morning (thanks Lynette) and then went back home because I was feeling pretty wiped out. About 8:30, Dr. Masri's office called and said that he wanted to see me right away because the radiologist saw something "disturbing" on the scan. Needless to say a thousand things flashed through my head, most of them not good, and some just plain horrible! I went in and had the normal follow up stuff done... blood work, temp, BP, etc. Then I talked to Dr. Masri and he showed me what the "disturbing" thing on the scan. It seems that I have a Pulmonary Embolism (Blood Clot) in one of the secondary arteries of my right lung. He explained that it could be caused by the chemo drugs, the Avastin (another drug in my chemo treatments) or simply as a part of disease/treatment. In any case, I now have to give myself shots of Lovenox (a blood thinner) twice a day. Not great news but not as bad as I was trying to prepare for either. I thanks God for helping me to stay reasonably calm and absorb the situation with Him by my side. He is always by our side. It's just that most times, we are too busy with our own thoughts and supposed solutions that we don't stop to listen to His guiding words and strength. Thank you Lord for being there for me and forgive me for my weaknesses and ignorance.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment