Saturday, May 14, 2011
05-14-2011 Saturday
Well, my first week on my new "chemo cocktail" was pretty much like the first week on my original cocktail. I received treatment on Friday (the 6th) and felt pretty good until the exhaustion hit me on Tuesday. Thankfully, I didn't feel nauseous or have any major aches or pains... just really, REALLY tired. The neuropathy (numbness) in my feet is still bothering me a lot but I'm hoping that will begin improving now that I'm off of Taxol. A good thing to pass along to everyone!. On Tuesday, Catherine and I celebrated (sort of) our 31st wedding anniversary. I still find it hard to believe that God blessed me with such a wonderful woman. She has alway been there to keep me grounded and encourage me in even the worst of times. She is truly a Godly woman! I love you babe! By the way, our Relay For Life teams at Prince Of Peace have decided to name the teams in my honor. Thank you so much! This year's teams will be called, "Hicok's Hopefuls". If you have the chance, please consider joining one of the teams or supporting them financially. Their efforts, and all of the teams' efforts, are going toward curing this nasty disease known simply as cancer. With all of us helping, soon the mention of this word will be a thing of the past rather than chemotherapy or radiation treatments or surgeries or... a death warrant. I thank all of you, my family, and most of all my Savior for your continued love and support. God Bless! : )
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Congrats on your anniversary! A wife to be our partner in this life truly is a gift from God.
ReplyDeleteYou continue to be in our prayers.