Wednesday, October 5, 2011

10-05-2011 Wednesday

Hello everyone. I wanted to wait to post another entry until I got my voice back (I don't know why, you can't hear me anyway!) Anyway I'm over the cold or whatever and am now dealing with last week's chemo kickback. I don't feel too bad this week, just very tired. I did want to tell you that back on Tuesday, 9-27-2011, I had the joy of another MRI. If any of you have had an MRI of your head you know what I'm referring to. Its not painful, but it it really hard to not move your head AT ALL for over an hour! But, I survived and then went to see Dr. Ryken, my neurologist. He looked things over and told me some great news and some maybe not so great news. The great news is that my last MRI showed that my brain tumor was 1x1cm and this latest MRI show that the tumor is now 1/2x1cm! Woo hoo! Still shrinking. The maybe not so good news is that because the tumor continues to shrink so quickly, it may in fact be related to my lung cancer and not a beningn meningioma. Again, not good news but it doesn't really change any treatment approach at this point in time. I'll have to talk it over with my onocologist, Dr. Masri, at my next treatment and see if he would recommend it be treated, and if so when and how. As far as the rest of my life (yes, there is life beyond cancer... its a part of me now but not all of me), things are going well. I am still working, either at home or at JD PEC when I'm up to it, the rest of my family is busy, healthy, and growing... Eli especially! God continues to bless and strengthen me through all of my daily trials... as he does all of us! I have been practicing for the East High Alumni Swing Show which will take place on Thursday October 20th at 7:00PM, Friday October 21st at 11:00 AM & 7:00PM, and on Saturday October 22nd at 7:00PM. I'll be playing electric bass and singing. DON'T MISS IT!! Now, to close with this entry's trivia question. Last entry's question was: What is the shortest verse in the New Testament? The answer is: John 11:35 "Jesus wept." Those of you who responded, all got it correct! Kudos to you! OK, now for this entry's question: What were the names of Lazarus' two sisters? Good luck and God Bless!
,

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear that things are going so well for you. I'm enjoying getting ready for this Alumni Show but I'm going to be glad when it's done and I have some free time again! Keep giving us great news.
    Love,
    Lynette and Kelsey

    ReplyDelete