Saturday, December 3, 2011

12-03-2011 Saturday

Hello everyone. I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving holiday. Ours was great, great food (a special thanks to my son Grant for smoking the turkey this year), a chance to share laughter and stories with my own family, Catherine's folks, her brother Roy and wife Alicia and Alicia's Uncle Bob. Some of you might think, "Jace, how can you really feel blessed when you've got cancer!?" Well, I look at it this way. Yes, cancer is now and always will be a part of my life and life experience. But the key is that it is "part" of my life, not the center of my life. And with God's strength, I refuse to let it be the center of my life! -- I had another CT Scan last Monday and my Chemotherapy #15 on Thursday. We went through the normal steps: get blood drawn, pee in a cup, weigh in (I used to hate that part but don't really care too much that I'm a fat man at this point in my life!), blood pressure, pulse, temperature, standard "how are you feeling" questions, and then chat with Dr. Masri. He read the radiology report from Monday's CT aloud and it didn't give any measurements of any of the masses! He pretty said the report was not help as it was and would send the radiolgist an note to MEASURE THE MASSES and append them to the report! He did pull up the CT images from this scan and the previous one visually compared the masses they looked to be the same size and that's what were looking for... shrinking is better, but maintaining is good. We talked about my neuropathy (numbness and pain in my feet) and I showed him some information I had found about a specific brand of electronic neurostimulator (it stimulates the damaged nerves to get them active and working again). He went ahead and set up an appointment for me to talk to the Physcial Therapy group and see what they use, if they knew of this tool, if it works, and in any case, look into settng up some type of therapy for me. I'm hoping they recommend or use the tool as it sounds like it would fit the bill, but they are the experts so I'll wait to see what they say. All in all, I'm feeling pretty well... just tired most of the time, achy muscles, and numb feet! Woo Hoo! -- And in closing, the last entry's Bible Trivia question was: Who cut off the soldier's ear when Jesus was arrested? The correct anser is: PETER. Was that your guess? And for this entry's Bible Trivia question: How many son's did Adam and Eve have and what were their names? Drop me an email, or Facebook message if you think you know the answer. I want to thank all of you all once again for your interest in the progress of my treatments, your prayers and words of support, and I want to thank God for His presence in my life. God bless you one and all, Jace. :o)

1 comment:

  1. I am thankful for any and all progress that you have. I am also very thankful for every moment that God continues to give you with all of us that love you. Continued prayers, Ronni

    ReplyDelete