A Merry Christmas Eve to my friends and family,
I had Chemo #16 last Thursday and it went pretty much without incident. I asked Dr. Masri if the radiologist had added an addendum to the last CT Scan reading. He had. Unfortunately, he had only measured one of the masses when he/they/??? normally measure the three primary masses. I'm guessing that Dr. Masri may be having a word or two with the radiology department!
I did start getting some treatment for my neuropathy and it seems to helping my feet feel better and they don't seem nearly as numb. The treatment is called Anodyne Therapy and basically they put four rubber pads with 60 Light Emitting Diodes (LEDs) each on each foot for about 30 minutes. When the system is turned on, the LEDs emit an Monchromatic Infrared Energy (MIRE they call it) that stimulates the cells in that area to release a chemical called Nitric Oxide (NO). The NO caused the blood vessels in that area to dialate which improves circulation and the improved circulation provides the nerves with the blood they need to begin repairing themselves! Whew! Now you know all (and probably more than you wanted to know) about Anodyne Therapy!
The family is all doing well. Melissa is on break from school and Grant and I get the Holiday week off from work too. In case I forgot to mention it before, Grant got a job with the same company that I work for. He is now a Test Technician for DISTek Integration and works on-site at the John Deere PEC in Waterloo. Unfotunately for Catherine and Jody, they are in the health field and, as Catherine says, "We can't catch a break!" Eli cut his second tooth and has learned how to crawl now! I forgot how fast those little knees can scoot once they learn! He is quick!!
Now for this entries Bible Trivia. The question from the last post was: How many son's did Adam and Eve have and what were their names? The answer is: Three and their names were Cain, Abel, and Seth. I think I stumped everyone except my Aunt Elsie and cousin Lois (at least they were the only ones that I heard from). Good job ladies!! Now for this entries question: What language is Jesus believed to have spoken? To share your answer, just pot it in the comments area below this blocg entry. Good luck! :o)
Well, I can't close this entry without thanking God for the many blessings in my life. I know I've had to deal with this crappy disease, but the care given me by the Doctors and nurses, the love shown me by my family, church family, and friends, and the strength and comfort that God has provided are more blessings than I or any of us deserve. What a loving and giving God we have. He is amazing!!
I close by wishing you all a very Merry Christmas and a safe and Happy New Year!
God bless you all, Jace.
No comments:
Post a Comment