You know the old saying, "No news is good news"? Well, in the case of my blog entries (or lack thereof) that is the truth. My treatments have been continuing without any problems, the chemo is keeping the tumors/masses/lessions (whichever you choose to call them) the same size (remember, no growth is a good thing), and the lession in my head continues to shrink (that one is almost miraculous!). The only bad thing is that the treaments are starting to wear on my body and I am getting more and more tired and achy. It hits me particularly hard the week after I receive treatment. I have been taking two naps every day during those weeks and I sleep over an hour every time! I know you are all saying, "What's frong with naps? They are a good thing!" Well, yes they are but if you know me very well, I was never much of a "nap taker" and even whe i do now, I don't feel much more rested when I wake up. Oh well, we all have our cross to bear and if that's what I need to do to keep on keepin on, then so be it. As for the rest of my family everyone is doing well. Catherine has been having some problems related to GERD and may need to get her throat stretched, Grant is recovered from his MRSA adventure, Jody is back outside and happy now that the weather is nicer, Melissa finished the year at UNI on the Dean's list, and Eli is walking and jabbering and just an amazing presence in all of our lives! God is defintely good!
Now, on to the Bible trivia. The question from the last post was: What was Matthew''s profession before becoming a follower of Jesus? My Aunt Elsie and cousin Lois got this one right the day after I osted the blog!. The answer is: A tax collector. Since no one else answers the questions, I am wondering if I should continute including them or not. Awe, what the heck! We all need a little more Biblical knowledge don'te we!?! So for this entires question... tough but not TOO tough... How about: What symbol did St. Patrick use to explain his theory of the Holy Trinity? This one isn't actually in the Bible but shouldn't be too hard to find.
I'll close today by asking all of you to celebrate Memorial Day by remembering those who suffered and died that we might have the freedom that we have here in America. Most importantly, we have the freedom to praise God (or not praise God) in the way we choose. Our theology might disagree with others, but just as we have the freedom to worship in our way, so do they in theirs. I pray that God grant you all the peace and contentment that only He can provide. God Bless.
Glad to hear you are doing better. I am going with the shamrock. :)
ReplyDeleteShamrock sounds good to me.
ReplyDelete