Saturday, March 12, 2011

03-12-2011 Saturday

This was a good week overall. I worked full days every day except Wednesday. I was a pretty tired boy by the end of those days but with God's help I made it through. I didn't work on Wednesday because I had and MRI in the morning and an appointment with Dr. Ryken, my neurologist, in the afternoon. No issues with the MRI. Its simply a matter of not movving your head (AT ALL!) for over an hour. (At least you get to pick the music you want to listen to. A little oldies this time.) The appointment with Dr. Ryken went well. From the morning's MRI images, he determined that my brain tumnor is an "acoustic neuroma". It is located between the left inner ear and the brain stem. He thought the tumor was either the same size or slightly smaller. He said it is likely that the steroid (dexamethasone) that I get before my chemo treatment could have shrunk it slightly. He said it could also be affected by one of the drugs (Avastin) I get during chemo. In any case its not getting bigger which means it is benign (thank you Lord!) and treatment can be delayed while the cancer treatment takes center stage. On another subject, I've had quite a few people at work (PEC) ask me about my new "hair style" (or lack thereof). Needless to say, when I tell them that I've been diagnosed with lung cancer and the chemo made buzzing my hair necessary, they are shocked but also very supportive. I can't help but thank God for all of the good people in my life, my church family, my own family and most of all, His presence in my life. Each of us is blessed in so many ways. Please take time to thank God every day!   

No comments:

Post a Comment