Saturday, March 5, 2011
03-05-2011 Saturday
Well, this week had no real events worth noting. There weren't any doctor appointments or CTs or MRIs or anything too noteworthy (I was prescribed a med to control my blood pressure but that I kind of expected). So, I thought I would share some of some of the unpleasant things (cons) and then good things (pros) that have become a part of my life... at least for this week. Lets see... unpleasant things... CON: Most mornings I wake up with at least a slight headache. PRO: They are not debilitating (but definitely irritating!) CON: For several days this week I've had at least some level of "loose bowels" (I know GROSS! but I thought you should know). PRO: Immodium works really fast! CON: As you know, my hair is now absent. PRO: We're saving on shampoo. CON: This week I don't have much of an appetite and almost everthing tastes kinda salty. PRO: Bananas, vanilla ice cream, and yogurt rock! CON: My mouth has gotten sore and sensitive. PRO: A softer toothbrush is better for my teeth and gums. CON: Every kind of fast growing cell in my body is taking a big hit from the chemo... hair, fingernails, mouth, etc. PRO: The cancer cells are getting hit even harder!! Lord, thank you for all those who help my body fight this disease, thank you for all those who love me and pray for me, thank you for my family, church family, and friends, and thank you most of all for Your presence in my life!! Throught Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior. Amen.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment