Saturday, March 19, 2011

03-19-2011 Saturday

It was a good week this week. Monday I went in for a follow up CT Scan at 6:45AM! I had the scan done and was still at work before I usually get there. Lynette greeted me with her usual smiling face, she and Camie set me up, ran the scan, and Lynette walked me out to the hall, and sent me on my way with another smile. What a gal! I worked the rest of the week except Thursday... Chemotherapy Session #3. Before treatment they always draw blood & get a urine sample (the blood counts are all staying within normal ranges... Hooray!). Then they take my BP, temp, and history updates. Then Dr. Masri came in and went over the blood counts and vitals... and then good part! He compared my original CT from January with one done on Monday. Great news! It appears that all of the masses are smaller by about 1/3 and others by possibly a little more! Also, because of the masses, there had been several partial portions of my lung that had collapsed (No wonder I was having shortness of breath!). Most of these have recovered almost completely! DO WE HAVE AN AWESOME GOD OR WHAT!!! With a medical staff caring for me that have been blessed with their knowledge & skills (& compassion), the love & prayers of our friends & church family (or maybe that should be 'faith family') & my own family, and most of all with God love & strength on my side, this nasty disease inside of me is loosing strength! Thank you all for your love and prayers and God for His presence in my life!!

P.S. Just a little FYI. I checked how much fluid (medicine, saline, etc.) that I got via IV this treatment and it was about 1850 ml (over about a 6 hour period). Thats almost a full 2-liter bottle of liquid or just under a half-gallon! Just thought you might be interested. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment