Sunday, April 10, 2011

04-10-2011 Sunday

Runnin' a little slow this week. Sorry. Anyway, this week was chemo week. I had my last induction session (4th treatment of the first round of treatments) on Thursday. Another all day 9:00AM - 4:00PM experience. Catherine has been a trooper and stayed with me on each of those long days. Thanks babe! Melissa and Courtney came to vist and so did Grant, Jody, & Eli. Thanks to all of you. Rose Schaffer from church (Prince of Peace) also visited for a good part of the morning and presented me with a prayer quilt made by the members of the sewing group at POP and personalized for me. That was so nice of them! Without God's strength, my family's love, and the prayers and support of my church family and friends, I know that I couldn't have made it through this ordeal. Thanks to all of you! The treatments are hitting me a little earlier than they did at first with my energy, appetitie, and taste buds the first things to go. I have a feeling that I may be working from home the better part of this week. But, I know God will help me through it. Remember everyone, that next week is Holy Week ending with the celebration of our Savior's resurrection on Easter Sunday. We must never, ever, EVER forget his sacrifice!! He gave his life that we might live in God's kingdom when our time here on earth is done. Don't forget to thank him and serve him every day and in every way. That IS our purpose for being! God Bless everyone! Have an awesome week!

1 comment:

  1. I thank God right at this very moment for you. I am so thankful for the leadership you have provided to the band, youth groups and the service you have provided to our Lord and POP. I continue to pray for your full recovery. When I see that God has brought you through another trial I am thankful. I don't even have to tell you to keep the faith, because I know that in the darkest hours you know Christ is with you. Your Friend Ronda

    ReplyDelete