Sunday, April 24, 2011

04-24-2011 Sunday

Greetings everyone. I haven't posted for a while simply because I didn't think it would be of interest for you to hear about the day-to-day aches and pains that you have heard about before. I'm not saying that I don't think you care. I know that is not the case. It just becomes tedious to hear the same thing over and over again. I just noticed today's date. It is exactly three months ago today that I found out that the masses in my lung and breast/chest were adenocarcinoma. I remember how devastaed I felt. My hopes felt crushed and I wondered if I would even be alive in three months. But once I got over the shock and my own self-pity, I turned it all over to God and left it in His hands. Treatment has not been easy by any means but it has also not been as devastating as I thought it might be. This week will be a busy, anxious, and perhaps life changing week. I get another CT Scan tomorrow and on Thursday will find out if my treatment has been effective or not. If it has been working, I have agreed to go into a study which will determine what chemo drug or drugs will be used during my initial maintenance series of chemotherapy treatments. If it hasn't been working, then my onocoligist and I will have to discuss where treatment will go from here. Obviously, I hope that treament has been effective (and part of me prays that this cancer is gone completely... but I must be realistic as well as hopeful). In any case, all I can really do is ask God to guide this entire situation acording to His infinite wisdom and devine will. I believe that He has more of His work for me to do here on earth but if that is not the case, I am sure, because of the sacrifice that Jesus made for me and His resurrection that we celebrate this very day, that I will have a place in God's holy kingdom. He is risen! He is risen! He is risen indeed!!

1 comment: