Saturday, February 19, 2011

01-31-2011 Monday

After working most of the day today, I went to Advanced Diagnostic Imaging (ADI) here in Waterloo for an Magnestic Resonance Imaging (MRI) scan. The MRI was ordered to try and determine what is causing my loss of hearing since the presribed medication isn't helping. As with the PET Scan, the MRI wasn't painful or anything but... I was required to lie PERFECTLY STILL... with a cage over my face... inside a tube... with this big machine humming and banging and buzzing... for almost AN HOUR. Not my idea of a good time believe me! At least I could listen to some music this time! Once again, God and I had a nice chat. I know that our God is an awesome God, but his experience has brought me to a whole new level of faith! Thank you Lord for all my blessings! My beautiful wife, my great kids, my caring friends, and most of all... your presence in my life!!

(P.S. I forgot to include that I had an hour long surgery last Friday to install an "Infusiport". It is a needle port implanted under the skin on my right chest with a catheter (tube) that runs through my jugular vein to my heart. This allows them to run my chemo drugs into a large vein and prevent the chemo from damaging the smaller veins at the normal IV sites.)

No comments:

Post a Comment