Saturday, February 19, 2011

01-25-2011 Tuesday

This morning Catherine and I went to the Covenant Cancer Treatment Center (CCTC) and I had a PET Scan. PET stands for "Positron Emission Tomography". Basically I had to fast from all carbohydrates (sugars and starches) from dinner on last night. Then this morning, the technician injected me with "radioactive sugar water" and I had to lie still for about 45 minutes. During that time, the cancer cells (which multiply quickly and need lots of energy) sucked in those radioactive carbs for energy. Then for the next 45 minutes or so they run the PET Scan which shows the now radioactive "hot spots" in my body. None of this process is painful or anything except for being required to lie still for almost 2 hours with nothing to read, watch, or listen to. Needless to say, God and I had a nice long chat. Thank you Lord for giving me patience and strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment