Saturday, February 26, 2011

02-24-2011 Thursday

Catherine and I spent the day at the Cancer Treatment Center for Chemotherapy Treatment #2 today. Another all day session. Jody came to visit but Grant had to work and Melissa has a bad cold. The treatments went well until that last one. They pushed it at a little faster rate this time, and my blood pressure went up and my pulse jumped into the 120's. Nothing dangerous and I felt fine but I had to watch my levels tonight to be sure they came back down (which the did). Brenda (my awesome nurse!) told me to start taking B6 vitamins to prevent numbness and loss of feeling in my fingertips and toes (there is a medical name but I can't remember it) which is a possible side effect of Taxol (one of the chemo drugs that I get). She also told me to apply Tea Tree Oil to my fingernails and toenails because sometimes the nails will separate from the nail bed and possibly fall off and apparently Tea Tree Oil can prevent that from happening. I would rather that NOT happen thank you very much! As always, I thank God for getting us through another treament and another day. He truly does pour His blessings out on us every day and we so often take them for granted!

No comments:

Post a Comment